Privacy + Cookies Policy (UK)
Performance Health Systems UK Ltd is committed to maintaining your privacy.
When we refer to "personal data" we mean any information about you which is personally identifiable like your name, address, car registration number, payment details, telephone number or e-mail address.
Any reference to "you" or "your", means you as a user of our website at https://powerplate.com ("Website"). References to "we", "us" or "our" are to Performance Health Systems UK Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08102963 whose registered office is at Business Design Centre, Unit 115, 52 Upper Street, Islington, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom.
This policy only applies to the collection of your personal data by us and the use of that personal data by us and those whom we authorise. It does not cover third party websites to which we provide links, nor does it cover advertisers. They may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use. We encourage you to review those policies if available when you visit those sites. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
By accessing and continuing to use the Website (as applicable), you accept the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with any of our policy then you should not use the Website.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfilment of your orders;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use and order goods from our Website, subscribing to our mailing list or requesting further goods or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys/feedback forms that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the personal data which we already hold about you in order to help us provide services.
We may collect information about your computer or other device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use "cookies" or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website (see section entitled "Cookies" below).
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use information about you to help provide you a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs.
Your personal data may be used by us to:
- process any orders you may make and/or provide services including processing payments;
- monitor, develop and improve the Website, goods, services and your experience;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- keep our Website safe and secure;
- notify you about changes to the Website, goods or services;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including by way of checking postings or submissions to the Website and using keyword triggers to investigate usage that may be inappropriate; and/or
- where you are a prize winner, to administer the competition prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Where and only where requested by you by ticking the relevant box when you subscribe and/or register with us we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email or mail about existing and new goods, services, promotions and special offers from us; and/or
- send you information by e-mail or mail about related goods or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
If you agree to us providing you with this marketing information, you can always opt-out at a later date. To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can contact us stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us in the following ways:
- click on the "unsubscribe" link sent in our email messages and email newsletters; or
- send an email to [email protected] writing "unsubscribe" in the subject heading; or
- call us on +44 20 7317 5000; or
- write to us at Performance Health Systems UK Ltd, Business Design Centre, Unit 115, 52 Upper Street, Islington, London N1 0QH.
This unsubscribe information will also be contained in our email messages and email newsletters.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (unless it is exempt in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to [email protected]. We are entitled to charge up to £10 to administer such request.
Where you register your details for certain goods and services (for example, our email newsletter) and/or open an account with us that you can then use to log on and order goods, you may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
You can delete and block cookies using your browser, but parts of our Website will not work without them.
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website:
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use):
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
Other cookies outside of our control:
- allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- help us to personalise our content for you, respond to you as an individual, greet you by name, tailor our operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering your preferences (for example, your last purchase);
- speed up searches; and/or
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
We may use external services such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Vimeo or Instagram, to display certain content on our Website. We cannot prevent such websites from collecting information about your usage of their services on our Website, for example, number of plays of a video.
Like many other organisations, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of our Website and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to):
- Tracking the number of visitors to our Website.
- Monitoring the number of users on our Website at any given time.
- Analysing popular content on our Website.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
See this link for how to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
||This cookie keeps track of how a site visitor uses our website. It stores a unique ID to identify you as a visitor. This cookie is "session based", meaning it expires when you close your browser.
||The association with your shopping cart.
||Stores the category info on the page, which allows for the display of pages more quickly.
||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
||Your preferred currency.
||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
||Stores the Customer Segment ID
||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
||Your session ID on the server.
||Allows guests to edit their orders.
||The last category you visited.
||The most recent product you have viewed.
||Indicates whether a new message has been received.
||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
||Information on what polls you have voted on.
||The items that you have recently compared.
||Information on products you have emailed to friends.
||The store view or language you have selected.
||The products that you have recently viewed.
||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
||The number of items in your Wishlist.
||This is a Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser.
||This is a Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site.
||This is a Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user.
||This is a Google Analytics cookie. This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach our site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us free reign to access your computer. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our Website.
CONTROLLING AND DISABLING COOKIES
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS?
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information (including personal data) to other parties as follows:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you of this before the transfer occurs. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end a contract and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for facilities not provided;
- if Performance Health Systems UK Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you of this before the transfer occurs. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for facilities not provided;
- we may pass your personal data to our employees and agents to administer the goods and services provided to you by us now or in the future. For example, we may pass your personal data to our suppliers in order for them to provide you with goods;
- some general statistical information about the Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties (such as our suppliers or advertisers) but these details will not include information personally identifying you;
- to check against the Interactive Media Retail Group Security Alert or any Fraud Prevention Scheme. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes; and
- to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of our terms and conditions relating to you or otherwise where required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities, government request or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching our terms and conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
Where we provide your personal data to our suppliers and other companies to assist us in providing our goods and services, we provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than us.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above. Any marketing referred to in the section entitled "How do we use information about you?" is conducted by us on behalf of third parties, and they do not have any access to your data unless you yourself choose to contact them.
Other than as stated above, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
SECURITY/HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
- potentially sensitive information such as your name and address; and
- critically-sensitive information like your credit card number.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at [email protected].